File Name: MGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta11.apk
Dev & Date: (xtrme, 2019-08-19)
Xcam for Xiaomi Mi9, based on the latest fu24 / Arnova mod.
Many thanks to Urnyx05, BSG and the entire modders community.
– New lib: Gmm23.
– Dark mode (If system wide dark mode enabled).
– New AWB : IMX 586 (thx to Savitar).
– Fixed green tint in shadows.
– Added Antibanding mode.
– Minor changes and bugfixes.
– Added Antibanding.
– Added New lib Gmm22 y Cseus.
– Added new values to libPatcher.
– Code clean-up.
This is a big update.
– New aux Switch method (Viewfinder Buttons).
– Changed Long press method: now long press on camera switch button change only main/tele, photo viewer button change only main/wide.
– Options to hide different modes when using aux lenses.
– Added Pixel2/Pixel3 awb switch menu.
– DCI P3 feature.
– Optimized default settings for Op7pro and Mi9.
– Fixed green tint issue in some situation (thx Marian for testing).
– Updated Xlib 2.2 (with stock sharpness).
– Added Eslib aux.
*** Clean install recommended.
– Switch between three modules by long pressing the camera change buttons and viewing photos
– Noise and saturation settings for each module separately
– New Library Xlib 2.2s
– Manual mode with the ability to hide the sliders
– Added mode and eliminate flicker
– Removed some settings
– New Option to select a library for add. Modules (works only with the long -tap switch method)
– Record 60fps @ 720p
– All modes work except Slow Motion
– Fixed superwide lens 16mp
– Fixed AWB for all pixel models
– Removed some options in menu
– Added Xlib 2.2 ( with stock sharpness)
Configuration Files (XML)
Configs optimized for all four cameras on Mi9. Using new Gmm23 lib tuned for portraits.
PXL-Gmm23: Best results in any light, any sensor.
– Sharp photos even in worst light and highest ISO.
– Pixel AWB turns on in Night mode automatically.
– IMX 586 AWB or Pixel 2 AWB doesn’t work (instead reverts to Pixel AWB).
P3XL-Gmm23: Config for those who use Pixel AWB or prefer softer photos (for portraits or nature).
– Good photos in the day or evening, much softer in the night.
– You control Pixel AWB and can use IMX 586 or Pixel 2 AWB in settings.
– Too noisy Night mode on selfies.
– Color noise on ultrawide in lowlight.
Fine-tune your config!
— Choose lib for your preference.
– Google Stock: High contrast, accurate colors, deep blacks and whites.
– Xlib: Lower contrast, warm colors, more HDR, less black crush.
– Gmm23: Higher saturation, better skin tone.
— Set Exposure compensation to +0,4 for brighter photos.
— On Settings – Advanced – Image Processing settings choose Sharpness for your liking. 1.5 is best for night photos, 1.0 is GCam default, 0.5 is good for foliage, people and selfies.
Note: After restore the XML file, go to Settings > Advanced > Noise Reduction > Untick & Tick again “Activate” toggle in all lens.
BLUE = WIDE LENS
PURPLE = TELEPHOTO LENS
RED = ULTRA WIDE LENS
How to import / export configuration files:
Some Google Camera versions support export/import of .xml files, allowing users to quickly load the best settings for their phone or lightning conditions.
Config files are stored in the
/GCam/Configs/ directory, with
/GCam/ being next to the DCIM, Downloads, etc, folders.
This folder needs to be created manually using a file manager (no root needed) or automatically by exporting/saving your config (use the option in settings menu). Config files use the
Import / Load:
To import a config file from another user, move it to the
/GCam/Configs/, open Google Camera, double click the dark area around the capture button, select the config, and then click on “restore”.
Export / Save:
To backup your settings, use the option available in the settings menu. Your configuration will be saved in the default
/GCam/Configs/ folder (eg:
/GCam/Configs/config-name.xml). This file can be used on another GCam version that supports this feature or shared with another users.
This can be used for a few things. For example:
- Quickly switch between the best settings for low light and day light.
- Use recommended settings from devs/other users for your phone.
- Move between versions without loosing your settings.
- Keep unstable features enabled on one config but disabled on another.
How to change between Camera Lenses?
Single Click – Camera Switch Button to switch between Wide Lens and Front Camera
Long Press – Camera Switch Button to switch to Telephoto Lens
Long Press – Photo Preview (thumbnail – right bottom corner) Button to switch to Ultrawide Lens
How to use NightSight in different lenses?
Select the lens in main mode, switch to Night Mode , then double tap the Camera Switch Button
How to use manual focus?
If you want to use it with enhanced HDR+, you need to disable focus tracking. Or else it will only work with regular HDR+.
Also the way it works is you set a focus distance, tap once into the viewfinder, then tap the shutter button.
1- Download and install the APK file from above links.
2- Configure the app using the suggested settings. (Some APKs don’t need configuration.)
3- Restart the app and shoot!
1- This port only works on phones with the Camera2 API enabled; which fits to all Android 9 (Pie) versions of Mi9 ROMs.
2- Requires Google Apps installed. (If not, just search install “Google Drive” from Mi Store, it will add all required apps too.)
3- If you can’t install the app you already have a Google Camera app installed, try to remove it first before installing a new one. If your ROM ships with a pre installed app, remove it or use a different ROM.
Google Camera provides flash effect with white flashing screen when using front selfie camera.
All details and resource:
Google Camera Port
(A download page for some of the Google Camera mods. From devs like BSG, Arnova8G2, and many others.)
Guide: How to install ARCore, AR Stickers and Playground ?
Guide: Xiaomi Mi8 Google Camera (GCam) installation without root