File Name: MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1a_FINAL.apk
Dev & Date: (BSG, 2019-06-06)
- Photo brightness limited when using HDR+ enhanced. Still doesn’t work well with flash enabled.
- Added “Quality HDR+ enhanced” setting. Higher “quality” values result in faster shutter speeds and lower ISO.
- Added quality in the night mode (3.5 sec. max. shutter speed = quality + 5), for those who take photos in rapid conditions, I advise you to leave = default.
- Changed the way some algorithms work.
- Bug fixes.
- Added Google AWB (Auto White Balance) in all HDR+ modes and HDR+ button in portrait mode.
- Moved Google AWB to the top panel (white balance options in the viewfinder).
- Added Lens Blur with maximum resolution.
- Changed the light mode for 3 \ 32, now and the photo and night – light version. Removed the pop-up window, although at first I wanted to leave it – something annoying.
– “3 \ 32 device” – runs on light configs (without tracking focus and live photo) – should eat less RAM
– “Remove focal data” – removes the line at the bottom of the screen with data on the focus.
– “activate Google photo” – the Google Gallery photo application puts it in the internal gallery if it is installed in the system.
– “tracking focus” – after the tap, the application constantly focuses on the selected object (it works more or less …)
– “Advanced NDR + quality” – increases shutter speed by + 50% reducing ISO, for example, if the default shutter speed is 1 \ 20, ISO 1000, then for quality +1 the shutter speed would be 1 \ 15 ISO 750, etc. etc. Limit max. excerpts at default = 1 \ 14, at + 1 = 1 \ 9, and so on. For night shooting, the def = 1 \ 3, + 1 = 1 \ 2 and so on works as well …
– “default AWB” – the value to which AVB will be reset after exiting the “system” application – on AVB cars, “google” to Google AVB.
– “erase dots” – reduces the shutter speed by increasing the ISO so that then the noise is more zamylil photo.
Update 31.05.2019 :
- Even reduced the “load” on the photo mode and night when the “3 \ 23 device” is turned on.
- Fixed some crashes.
Update 06.06.2019 :
- Improvements to the image detail/quality.
How to import / export configuration files:
Some Google Camera versions support export/import of .xml files, allowing users to quickly load the best settings for their phone or lightning conditions.
Config files are stored in the
/GCam/Configs/ directory, with
/GCam/ being next to the DCIM, Downloads, etc, folders.
This folder needs to be created manually using a file manager (no root needed) or automatically by exporting/saving your config (use the option in settings menu). Config files use the
Import / Load:
To import a config file from another user, move it to the
/GCam/Configs/, open Google Camera, double click the dark area around the capture button, select the config, and then click on “restore”.
Export / Save:
To backup your settings, use the option available in the settings menu. Your configuration will be saved in the default
/GCam/Configs/ folder (eg:
/GCam/Configs/config-name.xml). This file can be used on another GCam version that supports this feature or shared with another users.
This can be used for a few things. For example:
- Quickly switch between the best settings for low light and day light.
- Use recommended settings from devs/other users for your phone.
- Move between versions without loosing your settings.
- Keep unstable features enabled on one config but disabled on another.
1- Download and install the APK file from above links.
2- Configure the app using the suggested settings. (Some APKs don’t need configuration.)
3- Restart the app and shoot!
1- This port only works on phones with the Camera2 API enabled; which fits to all Android 9 (Pie) versions of Redmi Note 7 ROMs.
2- Requires Google Apps installed. (If not, just search install “Google Drive” from Mi Store, it will add all required apps too.)
3- If you can’t install the app you already have a Google Camera app installed, try to remove it first before installing a new one. If your ROM ships with a pre installed app, remove it or use a different ROM.
Google Camera provides flash effect with white flashing screen when using front selfie camera.
All details and resource:
Google Camera Port
(A download page for some of the Google Camera mods. From devs like BSG, Arnova8G2, and many others.)
Guide: How to install ARCore, AR Stickers and Playground ?
Guide: Xiaomi Mi8 Google Camera (GCam) installation without root
Guide: Xiaomi Mi9 Google Camera (GCam) installation without root
Guide: Xiaomi POCO F1 Google Camera (GCam) installation without root