Mi 8 Pro (UD) (EQUULEUS) Android 9 (Pie) China Stable MIUI 10.3 released! (V10.3.4.0. PECCNXM)
How to update MIUI on Xiaomi devices?
Why my battery drains after update?
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to June 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: A security leak allowed to run the code remotely
- App lock
- New: Face unlock support
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: NFC shortcut in the Notification shade
- New: You can choose not to show the fingerprint icon on the turned off screen. Fingerprint unlock will still work normally.
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- New: More clock formats for Ambient display
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Fingerprint scanner couldn’t be used when TalkBack was on
- Fix: Issues with overlapping in Dual Clock settings
- Fix: Screen didn’t always light up for notifications
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- Fix: Timer button started flashing after being tapped
- Fix: Clock force closed on some specific dates
- Optimization: The Apps section of the Settings got a structural revamp
- Optimization: Sorting principles for Wi-Fi networks
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
ISSUE#1: “Choose update package” and “Reboot to Recovery mode” options gone in Updater on 10.3.4.0
SOLUTION#1: After clicking 10 times on the big colored “10” in Updater, “Additional update features” activated and missing options are visible again.
ISSUE#2: “Battery percentage” missing in Notification shade.
SOLUTION#2: As a temporary fix go to “Settings > Notifications & status Bar” and change the “Battery indicator” from “Graphical” to “Percentage”.
ISSUE#3: WiFi usage in Battery results seems active all the time even WiFi is disabled.
SOLUTION#3: Disable option: “Settings / Additional settings / Privacy / Location / Scanning / WLAN scanning”
ISSUE#4: GPS not accurate after Android 9 (Pie) Update
SOLUTION#4: Uninstall last update for Google Maps and do not let app to update itself. (Working version is 9.85.2)
ISSUE#5: Finger print stops working after 10.3.4.0
SOLUTION#5: Just restart your phone.
ISSUE#6: Battery drain after after Android 9 (Pie) Update.
SOLUTION#6: Apply steps in following article: Battery Draining Tips
*Reinstalling same (currently installed) ROM with “Download latest package” option from “Updater” might solve some kind of battery draining issues and any weird issues after upgrade. No data will be lost, it will take very short time to reinstall.
ISSUE#7: Screen flickering at low brightness.
SOLUTION#7: Use app called “OLED Saver” as a temporary fix.
ISSUE#8: “Auto Brightness” is not working as before after any Pie update.
SOLUTION#8: Use app called “OLED Saver” (Icon with 2 big eyes on white background) as a temporary fix.
How to remove system Ads in MIUI?
Guide: Xiaomi Mi8 Google Camera (GCam) installation without root