Consider before flashing:
- Make sure that the device has at least 60% battery left.
- Download the “Recovery” ROM (“.zip” file) for your device and place it to a folder in Internal Storage of your phone.
- There is no need to backup app data or multimedia in case you are using this Updater method to upgrade your existing MIUI Stable/Beta ROM.
- If you are using Updater method to switch between “MIUI Stable ROM” and “MIUI Beta ROM”, you might lose your data, in such case, taking backup is highly recommended before flashing.
If “Choose update package” and “Reboot to Recovery mode” options are missing in Updater, click 10 times on the big colored “10” in Updater then “Additional update features” will be activated and missing options will be visible again.
Steps for flashing:
- You have downloaded the ROM and kept it in a folder in “Internal Storage”:
- Open the “Updater on your phone and click on three dots at the top right of your screen:
- Select “Choose update package”:
- Navigate to the folder where you have copied the ZIP file:
- Select the file, and flashing will start:
- Phone will reboot and will complete flashing in 10-15 minutes.
How to remove Xiaomi MIUI system ads?